This is a full transcript of everything that is said in the recording.
- Common filler utterances such as ‘ums’ and ‘ers’
- Habits of speech such as ‘you know’, ‘I mean’ and ‘sort of’ etc
- All introductory and closing remarks, plus any asides to the audience
- All contractions are typed as spoken, for example, ‘don’t’ and ‘couldn’t’
- Spoken grammatical errors are retained within the script, for example ‘they was’
- Hesitations or change in direction of speech are retained within the script
These types of transcripts are often required for interviews by universities (for qualitative analysis) and by the legal profession.