Quotations and Deadlines
- Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days and are subject to survey of audio / video files.
- Quotations are based on good quality recordings and Essential Secretary Ltd reserves the right to advise the client of revised estimates based on quality and consistency of the files.
- All quotations and deadlines refer to working days which are to be Office Hours, Monday to Friday. For example, an assignment with an expected 3 day turnaround received at 4pm on a Friday will be due by close of business on the following Wednesday.
- It is a strict condition at Essential Secretary ltd that any confidential information received concerning the client, its staff, clients suppliers or others with whom the organisation may trade or is involved with is not divulged to any third party.
- The information contained within the audio recordings or transcript documents received in relation to the client, the identity of staff members concerned, the identity of the client’s customers as well as any matters discussed or raised on the audio tapes (this list is not exhaustive) is strictly confidential to the client and shall be referred to as ‘Confidential Information’.
- We will not divulge any of the Confidential Information to any person or company who is not a part to the Confidential Information without the prior written consent of the client unless required to do so by law. If such disclosure is required by law, then we will promptly give notice of such disclosure to the client.
- No use may be made of the Confidential Information, documentation, audio recordings or any other information other than for the purposes of the services or otherwise as instructed in writing by the client.
- We shall make no direct or indirect contact with the client’s customers, suppliers or staff in respect of the services, other than specifically authorised in writing by the client.
- We acknowledge that we will be in possession of ‘Personal data’ as described in the Data Protection Act and we shall comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1988.
- The obligation of confidentiality shall continue to apply without limit in time after the work has been carried out and / or termination of the contract.
- Invoices are issued upon completion of each assignment, or on a monthly basis, unless otherwise agreed, payable by bank transfer, card payment by telephone, or cheque.
- Payment terms are due strictly:
- Upon receipt of invoice for private individuals including students
- Organisations will have payment terms of either 15 days or 30 days from date of invoice, depending upon their industry.
- All transactions are made in GBP as Essential Secretary Ltd cannot accept payments in foreign currencies.
- All quotations, fees and prices are subject to VAT at the rate of 20%, as per HMRC regulations, unless the point of origin is zero-rated or exempt from UK VAT.
- All transcripts returned to clients remain the property of Essential Secretary Ltd until payment is received in full for works undertaken. These documents may not be circulated, reproduced in any form, or extracts used for any purpose without prior consent of Essential Secretary Ltd should the invoice remain unpaid.
- Essential Secretary Ltd reserves the right to charge interest on overdue amounts at a rate of 8% above the Bank of England base rate on the outstanding balance from the date of the invoice until the date of payment.
Accuracy of Transcripts
- Essential Secretary Ltd takes great care to provide accurate and complete transcripts, however we do not accept liability for loss or damage arising from errors and inaccuracies in transcripts which may howsoever occur. This includes but is not limited to:
- Inaccuracies due to inaudibility either because of poor or quiet recordings, strong accents or poor quality, distorted recordings and / or background noise.
- Accidental misrepresentations of facts with regard to contractual discussions
- A typing error or errors
- By accepting work or services agreed upon, the client will assume full responsibility for final proofreading and accuracy of documents, final product or service. Any errors or omissions brought to our attention within 48 hours of receipt (or within reason) will be amended free of charge. It is the responsibility of the client to check for accuracy.
- Any other additions or amendments made by the client will be charged. If full instructions are not provided by the client and made clear to Essential Secretary Ltd prior or during work on the assignment, no responsibility can be accepted by Essential Secretary Ltd for such discrepancies whatsoever.
- The client shall indemnify Essential Secretary Ltd in respect of any loss, damages, costs (including reasonable legal fees), expenses or any other claims suffered by Essential Secretary Ltd and arising out of any libelous or illegal matter contained in any material printed or produced for the client.
- Essential Secretary Ltd assumes no liability for loss or damages to physical media supplied to us by post, and cannot guarantee safe return of goods.
Delivery and Storage of Data
- Essential Secretary Ltd undertakes to meet the delivery timescales agreed with the client. However, we will not accept any liability from the late or non-delivery of materials due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances.
- Client material may be posted, couriered or uploaded via encrypted FTP service provided on our website.
- It is recommended that any material sent to Essential Secretary Ltd using a postal service is sent by signed for means in appropriate protected envelopes. It is prudent to ensure backup copies are retained by the client.
- Essential Secretary Ltd accepts no liability for claims arising from any client material which is lost, delayed or damaged during delivery or during use by Essential Secretary Ltd.
- Essential Secretary Ltd will use utmost care to store client material securely, and in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998.
- All data transmissions are protected via WeTransfer’s encryption security. This ensures that your data is never exposed during transport from your computer to the data centre. In the unlikely event of data being intercepted during transport, their end-to-end SSL encryption ensures your data is unreadable.
- Their privacy and security is compliant with the high level of personal data protection required by the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens) based on the E.U. Privacy Directive (95/46/EC). On top of that, they are compliant with EU privacy laws, which make them abide by stricter rules than US regulations would.